Flexible Cables, as the name suggest, are definitely flexible, rather super flexible! To be specific these cables are built such that they can be bent in any position and direction with the help of external force. Flexible cables are generally electrical wires for all types of plug-in mains appliance leads. If you are looking for flexible cables, make sure you consult one of the leading flexible cable manufacturers so that you get quality tested and the best product which is durable enough to serve you for long. Before finalising the flexible cable, make sure that the below properties are present.
Manufacturing Process- First stranded tinned copper wires are placed which are the conductors over which the PVC insulation is placed. This is now covered with polyester tape. Then, the tinned copper jacket covers is used to cover it up. Finally PVC covering is applied to the Flexible Cable. While finalising the flexible cables for your project, consult one of the leading flexible cable manufacturers and make sure that all these layers are carefully done and quality tested so that there is no hazards or damage resulting from these cables.
Applications - There has been a significant rise in the demand for the Flexible Cables because of their super flexibility and hence several industries are incorporating these Flexible Cables for easy installation and their amazing physical and chemical properties, like:
- The high level of insulation which makes them well suited to exposure towards high temperatures. The equipment which need to be flame proof will use flexible cables as well as those which need higher degree of heat or electric current.
- These are widely used as power cords in electrical devices.
- These are considered in hi-power appliances like ovens, air conditioners, induction cookers and lots more.
- Drag chain applications, applications with repetitive bending and torsion stress, machine tools, data processing equipment, robotics, assembly lines, automation networking, microprocessor and computer interconnects are some of the areas where flexible cables are used owing to their great flexibility and motion.
The different types of Flexile Cables are as below:
General Flexible Cables - These are considered almost everywhere from conveyors to crane hoists and can be prepared from several materials. Their benefits are :
- High insulation
- These are made from nickel-plated copper conductors which have several strand counts
- Available in different sizes
- Durable and can withstand extreme conditions and high degree of stress from bending and motion
Copper Flexible Cables - These are known for their high degree of conductivity as its copper! The benefits of copper flexible wires are:
- High thermal conductivity
- Strong and can be connected easily
- These are generally used to connect different appliances to TV like DVD players or connecting the cables to the satellite dish. These have the capacity to transmit data, video, and radio transmission signals.
- They have a high speed of about 100 MBps which makes them suitable for broadband connections.
So contact the leading Flexible Cable Manufacturer for the quality assured and genuine products and to get the necessary guidance as to which particular type you should install!